1 - Our commitment to privacy protection
We take all appropriate steps to ensure that we protect your personal data in accordance with applicable regulations and we aim to be transparent in the practices we put in place, because we know how important this is to you.
We are committed to the following principles:
- You are under no obligation to provide us with the personal data we request. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain data, we may not be able to provide certain services or products;
- We collect and process your data only for the purposes described in this Policy or for specific purposes of which we have informed you and/or to which you have consented;
- We adopt the principle of minimizing the collection of personal data: that is, collecting and processing only the personal data necessary for the purposes envisaged;
- We aim to keep your personal data as accurate and up-to-date as possible;
- If any personal data we hold is no longer relevant to the processing of personal data by us, and there is no legal obligation make it anonymous.
- Your personal data will only be shared and disclosed in accordance with the principles set forth in this Policy.
2 - Data collection
We want to provide you with the best possible experience when using the products and services of PRK-1U.com. The data we collect and process helps us to provide and improve our services, provide you with regular support and personalized recommendations of products, services and promotions.
The personal data we collect varies depending on the purpose of the collection and the service or product we provide to you. Generally, we may need to directly collect the following categories of personal data:
- Personal information, such as your first and last name, date of birth, email address, mailing address and telephone number(s);
- The credentials used to access your online account, i.e. username;
- Discussions with us, which may include the history of conversations that have taken place via email and telephone, from customer service, from our technical support;
- Demographic information, such as your age, gender and lifestyle preferences;
- Browsing history, such as the pages visited, the date of the visit, the location at the time of the visit, or the IP address;
- Payment information for purchases made on one of our websites. Payment information is generally your name, address and payment information, such as your payment card or bank account number;
- Information about third parties, such as personal data about users you mention for configuration the PRK-1U physical device;
We may also indirectly collect personal data about you on social networks, third-party websites or applications promoting our products, when you interact with content relating to our products and services, for example when you click, share or comment on such content.
3 - Why we collect this data and how we process it.
We collect your personal data to provide you with the best online experience and to ensure the quality of our products and services. In particular, we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your payments if you purchase our products, to keep you informed of the progress of your order, to respond to your questions and inquiries, and to evaluate and process your complaints;
- To process and respond to your inquiries and requests, sent by email or via our websites;
- To develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites and/or applications;
To communicate information to you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter service or any other communication service;
- To better understand and assess consumers’ interests and desires and their changing needs, in order to improvie our websites/applications, products and services and/or develop new products and services;
- To provide you with personalized products and tailored communications and to recommend products based on your consumer needs
Where necessary, we will seek your consent to process your personal data. If you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
We may also have a legitimate need to process your personal data in the course of fulfilling or following up an order we have with you, to ensure the security of our events and IT systems, or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
4 - Who has access to your personal data and where is it stored?
Your personal data is stored on secure servers and is only accessible by authorized PRK-1U.com personnel for the purposes described in this Policy.
We share data with external service providers (only when and to the extent necessary) to fulfill your orders and requests or to improve the quality and accessibility of our services. For example, we will provide your address information to our shipping department so that they can deliver a physical order, or your email to our website operator so that you can access your orders online.
The service providers we have selected guarantee the provision of solutions that comply with European regulations on personal data, in particular by implementing technical and organizational measures to ensure that personal data is stored securely and for the time necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is to be used.
When your personal data is processed by our service providers outside the European Economic Area (EEA), PRK-1U.com makes every effort to ensure that this international transfer of data has an adequate level and guarantees of security. Thus, we ensure that:
- The insertion in our service providers’ contracts of standard clauses validated by the European Commission and which allow to respect the security levels required by the European regulation; or
- The obtaining and provision by our provider of certifications issued by supervisory authorities that they process personal data in compliance with European regulations.
Your personal data will not be shared or disclosed for purposes other than those described in this Policy. We may, however, share your data for other purposes where disclosure is required by law and/or government authorities.
5 - How is the security of your personal data ensured?
PRK-1U.com takes care to protect and secure your personal data through technical and organisational measures, including in particular on all the websites it controls in order to ensure its confidentiality and to prevent its distortion, damage, destruction or disclosure through unauthorised third parties. In particular, we use access controls, firewalls and secure servers, and we encrypt your personal data.
Although PRK-1U.com takes reasonable steps to protect your personal data, no transmission or storage technology is completely foolproof. In accordance with the applicable European regulations, in the event of a proven breach of personal data likely to generate a high risk for the rights and freedoms of the persons concerned, we undertake to communicate this breach to the competent supervisory authority and to the persons concerned, when this is required by said regulation.
6 - How long is your personal data kept?
Your personal data is kept for the duration of the product and/or service you have subscribed to with PRK-1U.com, or as soon as you express an interest in our products and services by receiving and/or opening our communications.
7 - Cookies and other technologies
The information collected may include, in particular, information about your device’s browser and operating system; the IP address of the device you are using and its location; the web pages you visit; and the links you click while interacting with our services.
8 - What are your rights and how to exercise them?
Subject to the limits provided for by the regulations, and in particular our legitimate interest in processing your personal data in order to carry out your orders or to comply with legal obligations, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data
- The right to information about the processing of your personal data;
- The right of access to your personal data and the conditions of their processing;
- The right to rectify your personal data when they are no longer up to date;
- The right to erasure of your personal data;
- The right to limit the processing of your personal data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data for the future, when your data is processed on this basis;
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel that your rights are not being respected.
The company responsible for processing your personal data is EWO Infinite Developments SA, operating under the trade name PRK-1U.com, a Swiss company with a capital of CHF 100,000, registered under number CHE-275.611.890 of the Trade Register of the Canton of Vaud and with registered office at Route de Cossonay 5, 1031 Mex, Switzerland.
Any reference to “PRK-1U.com” or “us” in this Policy refers to the aforementioned company.